Species of Falcons for Sale
Valhalla Falcons(formerly Northwoods Falcon Ranch)Breeding Facility
We offer the following captive bred falcons: Gyrfalcons (Falco rusticolus) and Peregrine Falcons—Peale’s (Falco peregrinus pealei), Anatum (Falco peregrinus anatum), and a 4-way hybrid Peregrine, Figian, macropus, Peales’ and Anatum subspecies. You can also choose the way your falcon is raised.
Note: In the USA, you must be a licensed falconer to purchase a captive bred falcon. Contact your state fish and wildlife department for more information.
Falcons for sale Now
About Our Species for Sale
We offer the following captive bred falcons:
- Gyrfalcons (Falco rusticolus) – White, Silver, Grey and possibly Black.
- Peregrine Falcons—Peale’s (Falco peregrinus pealei) and Anatum (Falco peregrinus anatum) and a 4-way peregrine cross (Figian, macropus, Peales’ and Anatum subspecies).
The genetics for our Gyrfalcons come from the following breeders in the USA and Canada: Danny Ertsgaard, Dan Konkel, Charles Schwartz, Robert Berry, Steve Baptiste, Mark Moglich, Brian Stoddard, Mike Cook, Jim Wilson, Martin Lee, Lee Merrick and Mike Erickson.
The genetics for our Peregrine Falcons come from the following USA breeders: Bruce Haak, Bill Murphy, Dave Knutson, Dave Cherry, Brian Sullivan, Jim Hansen and Deno Newbold.
You can choose the way your falcon is raised:
- Parent Raised – This is the most common way customers want their
falconsraised. They are raised with parent birds without human contact until they are fully grown.
- Hacked/Flight Conditioned Falcons – this year we will offer a form of intensive tame-hacking (several hours of free-flying each day) for up to a month on our property for a limited number of Gyrs and female Peregrines resulting in strong manned and hard flying falcons ready for hunting or racing. We use a variety of conditioning methods daily including long-distance luring, drones, robotic gamebirds, released live Chukar and pigeons. In essence, you will receive a high-octane falcon ready for just about hunting or racing you have in mind. Photos and video will be available for each of these falcons.
- Parent Raised Four Weeks – Parents hatch and raise the young falcons to 30-35 days old (the ‘four-week window’ method). They are easy to manage, ready for just about any hunting and make very little noise compared to an imprinted falcon. They are an excellent choice for falconry, natural pairing, and raptor education.
- Imprinted – This is a special order where we hatch and separately hand raise a limited number of falcons until shipment. These are excellent choices for breeding (AI), falconry or raptor education. Caution: Unless handled carefully, imprinted falcons can become very noisy and exhibit other unwanted behavior.
Valhalla Falcons is located in northwest USA near Spokane in eastern Washington. We have been breeding falcons for over 30 years and training and hunting with falcons and hawks for 52 years.